1. The journal «Vestnik of the East Siberian Institute of the MIA of Russia» is included in the List of top peer-reviewed scientific journals in which the main scientific results of dissertations for the degrees of a doctor and candidate of sciences should be published. It is published 4 times a year.
2. All published materials are peer-reviewed.
3. The journal has its section on the official site of the East Siberian Institute of the MIA of Russia (hereinafter referred to as the Institute) in the Internet network containing its full text version.
4. The general management, policy of formation and issue of the scientific and practical magazine are carried out by the editor-in-chief.
5. The regulation of requirements to presented materials and conditions of publication in the journal, and also the solution of other questions of release of the edition is carried out by the editorial board.
6. Scientific material (an article, a reference, a peer review, a response and other) has to be original (not published earlier).
7. Scientific material has to be followed by necessary tools: references to the legislation, acts of official interpretation of law, materials of law enforcement practice, scientific literature, statistical, information-analytical and other data confirming their scientific validity.
8. For publication of scientific materials in the journal it is necessary to present to the address of the editorial board properly issued: a manuscript of the scientific material (an article, a reference, a peer review, a response and other); an application for publication; a license agreement; to the article of a postgraduate the response of the scientific adviser recommending this article for publication should be attached. The signature must be certified by the personnel of the organization concerned.
9. Scientific material, an application for publication and a license agreement (for a postgraduate a response of the research supervisor is attached) should be submitted to the editorial board not later than two months before publication of the next issue of the journal.
10. Responsibility for reliability of figures, facts, quotes and other information provided in the scientific material is placed upon the author.
11. Authors of scientific materials sign a license agreement with the Institute under which he or she gives rights to use the scientific material on a grant basis.
12. Requirements to the preparation of scientific material, an application for publication and reviews are located in each issue in the section of the journal and on the official site of the Institute in the Internet network.
13. Upon receipt of scientific material, an application for publication, a license agreement, and also the response of a research supervisor (for a postgraduate), the editorial board determines their compliance with qualifying standards and organizes reviewing of the scientific material.
14. For carrying out an expert assessment of the received materials the reviewer from the editorial board depending on the subject matter of his or her scientific research is chosen. Reviewing can also be provided by the staff of educational organizations of the MIA of Russia, as well as other educational organizations of the Russian Federation. The research supervisors of the authors of the articles cannot be reviewers.
15. Members of the editorial board carry out reviewing of the submitted scientific material. The reviews are kept in the editorial office for five years.
16. The meeting of the editorial board of the journal is held in accordance with the local legal act of the institution (remedy).
17. When choosing reviewers, their scientific qualification, experience of carrying out basic and applied scientific researches, subject matters of scientific research, the number of publications on the subject of the received scientific material in three years are considered.
18. The review gives comprehensive and objective assessment for the scientific material and includes elements of the description of the reviewed work. When preparing a review of a scientific article of a postgraduate, evaluation of the scientific material contained in the attached response of the scientific adviser is taken into account.
19. The place of work, a position, an academic degree, an academic status, a surname and the reviewer's initials are specified in the review. The review is printed, signed, stamped and given by the reviewer to the editorial board for account and storage.
20. According to results of reviewing the editorial board makes one of the following decisions: about publication of the scientific material in the journal; about sending the scientific material to the author for revision; about rejection. The decision made, and the copy of the review are brought to the attention of the author by e-mail or fax.
21. In case of making a decision on sending the scientific material to the author for revision, general requirements to the scientific material improved by the author are imposed. On the re-sent scientific material the application for publication is re-registered, the incoming materials are reviewed in the established order for publication in the journal.
22. When a corresponding request from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation is received, copies of the reviews are sent.
Requirements imposed to materials
For publication of scientific articles, reports, references, reviews and other materials in the journal it is necessary to present properly prepared scientific materials, an application, a response of the research supervisor (for a postgraduate), the author's statement on the absence of information prohibited for publication in the open press and also a license agreement signed by the author.
The application for publication is presented in the printed and electronic form. The license agreement is presented in the printed form. The form of the agreement is published on the edition website. The agreement provides free transfer of the non-exclusive rights for the piece of work. The license agreement is standard, filled with his or her own hand and signed by the author.
Article formatting requirements
1) Requirements to the article size
Minimum volume – seven pages of a printed text, formalized according to the requirements below.
Maximum volume – thirteen pages of a printed text, formalized according to the requirements below.
2) Printed text formatting requirements
File format: doc
Font: Times New Roman (Cyr)
Font size: 14 size of type
Line spacing: 1
Margins: all in 2 cm
Indentation: first line (indentation 1, 25 mm).
The paragraphs should be formatted neither with a tab nor a space key. Set the alignment to "Fit". Footnotes (if any) - end, end-to-end numbering.
Photos, pictures are placed in the text of the article in the grouping mode and represented as separate files on an electronic medium in jpg format (without compression) in black and white or color image, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi (dots per inch). Do not provide graphs, charts, tables, diagrams and other graphic illustrations as a scanned image (as an image can not be edited). Presence of captions, names of tables is required.
References to sources are given according to the text in square brackets with the source number in the list of references used and the pages referenced by the author (for example, [2. P. 46]). The sources are arranged in the order of quoting them in the text of the article. In the list of used literature, only "literary" sources are given, that is, the author's articles, books, articles from journals.
Normative legal acts, archival documents, "non-authorial" Internet sources, statistical collections are indicated in footnotes and are not duplicated in the List of used literature. If the information on regulations is fully contained in the text (that is, the full title of the law / code, the date of adoption, number - Federal Law "On Countering Extremist Activity" of July 25, 2002 No. 114-FL), the footnote is not given.
The list of used literature is formatted as "Bibliographic references" in accordance with GOST R 7.0.5-2008 (with necessary indication of the publishing organization / publisher and full number of pages).
It is highly recommended to use the online resource snoska.info, with which you can quickly draw up the main types of sources.
The article should be necessarily signed by the author (co-authors) as follows: "The material is verified, the figures, facts, quotes are verified with the original source. The material does not contain information of limited distribution. "
The pieces of work published in other editions are not accepted for consideration.
The originality of the text should be at least 65%.
Proof room processing and laying-out is carried out by the Editorial and Publishing Department of the ESI of the MIA of Russia.
3) Required requisites:
The article should contain an index of universal decimal classification (UDC).
At the beginning of the article after its title, the author should indicate: his / her surname, name, patronymic, place of work, position, academic status, academic degree, contact phone numbers, e-mail address (if there is no personal e-mail, the e-mail address of the place of work (department, educational organization, etc.), according to which the author can be contacted). This information will be published.
The abstract (110-150 words) can reproduce in a reduced form such components of the study as its subject, problem, purpose, methods, scope of results, etc., without duplicating the information of the title of the article. The choice of components is determined by their originality and significance for understanding the essence of the research presented in the article. In the abstract the keywords of the article are actively used. The abstract should not repeat the text of the article itself, the information of its title; include little informative language; contain information that is not given in the main text.
Keywords (5-15 words, characterizing the problems of the article) given through the semicolon.
List of used literature (at least 10 sources), formalized in a single format, established by the system of the Russian index of scientific citation on the basis of GOST R 7.0.5-2008.
The title, information about the author, an abstract, key words, a list of used literature in a scientific article are given in Russian and English.
4) Requirement to indicate the scientific branch:
In the article the scientific specialty (specialty) must be indicated, according to which the journal is included in the List of peer-reviewed scientific publications in which the main scientific results of dissertations for obtaining the scientific degree of a doctor or candidate of sciences should be published:
12.00.01 Theory and history of law and state; the history of doctrines on law and state;
12.00.02 Constitutional law; constitutional litigation; municipal law;
12.00.08 Criminal law and criminology; criminal-executive law;
12.00.09 Criminal procedure;
12.00.11 Judicial activity, prosecutorial activities, human rights activism and law enforcement activities;
12.00.12 Criminalistics; forensic expert activity; operational investigative activity;
12.00.14 Administrative law; administrative procedure.
5) Requirements for responses on the scientific article of postgraduates
In the response the following aspects of the work should be reflected: the relevance and originality of the article, the theoretic integrity and practical significance of the article, the use of materials published on the subject of the article, the degree of structuring of the article's material, the completeness and correctness of the attached list of used literature, the clarity and comprehensibility of the style of the article text for the reader, the presence of errors and technical inaccuracies, the conformity of the used methodology of research to the objectives of the work, the reasonableness of the conclusion presented in this paper.
6) Requirement to comply with the regime of secrecy:
The journal is an open source for the publication of scientific materials. Requirements for compliance with the regime of secrecy are regulated by the current legislation of the Russian Federation and regulatory legal acts of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
The submitted scientific material should be accompanied by a statement of the author on the absence of information prohibited for publication in the open press, certified by personal signature.
7) Order of sending manuscripts and publishing the journal:
The articles are accepted for consideration with strict adherence by the author (s) to the rules for formalizing the article and the availability of all accompanying documents. The editorial board reserves the right to reject articles that do not meet the requirements or the subject matter of the journal. In case of rejection of the article from the publication, the editorial board sends the author a reasoned refusal. The editorial board does not enter into a discussion with the authors of the rejected materials and does not return the manuscript.
Fees for the publication of articles are not paid. Electronic versions of the journal issues are posted on the website www.esiirk.mvd.ru.